Lake Tahoe with Adam's family. Every summer Adam's Grandparents take the whole family to Lake Tahoe. It's gorgeous there. I only wish the water were a little warmer. They get a bunch of houses in the keys and it's a week full of sun, water and game playing...lots of game playing.
Friday, September 12, 2008
Every day for a week.
For my own sanity I have to catch up. Sorry. So I've decided to post everyday for a week. Please bless I can do it. Maybe after a week I'll be addicted and won't be able to NOT post everyday. That probably won't happen though. Seven days in a row is already pushing it. That's why the forthcoming posts might be just a lot of pictures. Here's some of what we've been up to this past summer...
Lake Tahoe with Adam's family. Every summer Adam's Grandparents take the whole family to Lake Tahoe. It's gorgeous there. I only wish the water were a little warmer. They get a bunch of houses in the keys and it's a week full of sun, water and game playing...lots of game playing.



Grant at 6 weeks old. I went to my six week postpartum appointment just a couple of days before the trip. The Dr. told me I couldn't get in the water yet because I wasn't all the way healed. WHAT? We were at the lake for a week and I couldn't get in the water! By the end of the week I was feeling pretty good though and did end up getting in the water. Adam and I even did some wake boarding together.
Grant seriously loved the boat. He was just rocked to sleep.






Love my two boys. Grant's life jacket is obviously a little big as it's made for a 5 year old. Not a 6 week old. It worked though.

Grandma and Grant. It was wonderful having a babysitter all day long if we wanted. Thanks for loving our little one Grandma!
Adam surfing. Yes surfing on a lake. Have any of you ever done this? It's pretty cool. You ride the wave behind the boat, so fun.


We went on a little sunset cruise that was beautiful. Grant is sporting his dinosaur pj's from aunt Sarah. Thanks Sar!
Grandpa and Grant just chillin in the boat.

Adam's family is the oldest of the cousins so he has cousins that are practically Grant's age. He's the first great grandchild by a long shot. So everyone loves him.
I had to take this pic because I thought Grant looked soooo big! That was at 6 weeks, can you imagine what he looks like now? All I ever get whenever I go anywhere is ... "he's huge" "wow what a big boy" "he looks like he's 6 months" etc etc.
Games, games and more games. Adam's family loves playing games. Any kind of games. We met every afternoon while we were there to play games in the park. Some of them were pretty creative:)



Here is Adam giving me a wake boarding lesson. Six weeks after having a baby you're really out of shape. I could barely hold the rope and got tired in like .15 seconds! It was pretty fun though.


Lake Tahoe with Adam's family. Every summer Adam's Grandparents take the whole family to Lake Tahoe. It's gorgeous there. I only wish the water were a little warmer. They get a bunch of houses in the keys and it's a week full of sun, water and game playing...lots of game playing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I love all the pictures. I am happy you finally posted on your blog. It's funny how much Adam's brother looks like him. Must be the hair! Grant is so chubs and cute. I can't wait to see you guys again!
SO FUN! Makes me want to have a boat to go with you guys every day. Grant's life jacket is the best! He is so cute - when can I see him?!
And you are superwoman for team wakeboarding despite the doctor's orders! So athletic, Christy.
Those legs are not the legs of a woman who just gave birth. wheee whooo (whistled). Nice Pierce! I couldn't even cross the wake on a normal day and you're out riding doubles... so fun!
I am so sad I'm just discovering the post-a-day week (and am reading it backwards). It's so fun to read about your adventurous summer. I wish we lived closer! Did I tell you Ben and Erin have a boat? I just found out...
I was in heaven going back and looking at all of these posts Christy! You look beautiful in all of them. grant is adorable. I'm jealous that you're so close to family--while we miss you out here, we'd pretty much forsake it all to be close to family too. Also, the wakeboarding pics? Chrsity--you're amazing.
Post a Comment