Saturday, September 20, 2008

Saturday Morning Hike

I can't believe summer is over! It went by too fast. I feel like I missed a lot of it because I was figuring out how to adjust to life with a new babe. So for one last summer Saturday morning activity we took a little hike to Stewart Falls. It was actually kind of cool, temp I mean. I felt like we had to bundle the boy the up. Fall was in the air. How does that happen so fast here in Utah. One day it's like 100 degrees and the next, half of the leaves have changed color and it's in the 60's.
Look at that precious little face. Grant and Adam had to get a little work done before we left.

We're all ready!

Off we go.

Grant is loving it.


Do you see the red tree!? The first week of September and the leaves are already changing.




We made it to the falls.


Of course the babe has to eat. Always.


8 comments:

S.A.S. said...

Oh how Stewart Falls reminds me of my Pierce! How fun that you and Adam took baby G up. It looks so beautiful and crisp... and I love his stripey pants and giggling face. What a happy boy! I need to see him again soon - come visit Aunt Sarah in DC!

Keri said...

Looks gorgeous. Especially loved the first pic of Adam...not quite yet ready for the day. :)

Kaedi said...

Um, how is it that he is getting so big!?! In my mind, he is still a tiny newborn! CP, you look fabulous -- hurry and bring that little bundle of joy to NYC!

THE MEYERS said...

Ok, this is torture. I want to see Grant's perfect smiley face! When can we hang out?! Also, how do you look all angelic and ready for the day in your sleeping pictures?? I love the "I just camped out with a towel and woke with glowing skin and soft smile" thing. No big deal. When I sleep, I get puffy and...more like the hunchback of notre dame. Maybe we should go camping so that you can teach me some tricks!

THE MEYERS said...

Ok, this is torture. I want to see Grant's perfect smiley face! When can we hang out?! Also, how do you look all angelic and ready for the day in your sleeping pictures?? I love the "I just camped out with a towel and woke with glowing skin and soft smile" thing. No big deal. When I sleep, I get puffy and...more like the hunchback of notre dame. Maybe we should go camping so that you can teach me some tricks!

Carlie said...

oh I am soooo jealous!!!! It's fall there in Utah, and it's NO JOKE still 106 here in Mesa AZ. Its so not even funny. It STARTS to get cool AFTER Thanksgiving. (I remember wearing a tank top and shorts- long ago on a Thanksgiving Day) Grant is sooo cute I cant get over it. He looks like he thouroughly enjoyed the hike. Which by the way looks beautiful. We dont really have any places to hike here that are that pretty. I cant belive the red tree. I want to move to Utah someday. Seriously. It's so pretty there. OK enough of my journal entry here on your comment.

Rebecca Smylie said...

The red tree made my heart hurt a little bit. Utah in the Fall. So, so beautiful. Also, I loved your socks. And yes, I'm with Kaedi--when do we get to show Grant the NYC?

Keri said...

Christy, now that your done with your "everyday posting", does that mean we're not going to see another post for 4 months?! C'mon, I know you've got some more cute pics of the little guy you're just dying to show us!