Tuesday, November 4, 2008

INSANELY long, very overdue, October update (ten posts in one)


There are seriously like 10 posts here, sorry.

Halloween
This semester I was in charge of planning the Halloween party for all the international students. I think it was a success. Well at least the students seemed to enjoy themselves. Here are some pics of my students. Aren't they cute?





On Halloween night we went to my mission president's house (Joy's parents). They live on Osmond lane in provo and get like 500 trick or treaters! So we just hung out there and let Grant play with his little friend Amelia. Joy's daughter Amelia is just two weeks younger than Grant but is like half his size. I couldn't get enough of them in their costumes. I was dying of cuteness.





My 29th Birthday
My family had a little b-day party for me the sunday before my birthday. Lyndsey made that awesome spider cake. The kids loved it and it was so good...lemon. I really do have the best sisters in the world. Its' been so nice living close to them, especially now that I have the babe. They are my best friends!

Andrew, Lily, Spencer, and Lucy. They were so excited to sing happy birthday to me and watch me blow out the candles. And they kept asking me when I was going to open my presents! I've decided parties are more fun with kids around.

My two favorite boys. All dressed up.

Keri made that dress Lily is wearing? WHAT? It's so cute. Good work sister.

Grant and Olive are best friends. Olive is serioulsy obssessed with Grant. Whenever she sees him she gets so excited and has to touch him (attack him), but he usually doesn't mind it.


I Have a New Brother!
My sister in law Vanessa married Rich Hogan this past month. We like him. Wierd that he's my brother. Aren't they a good looking couple. Congrats you two! And welcome to the family Rich.



Vanessa makes cakes. She made her OWN wedding cake. Isn't it beautiful? If you need her to make a cake for you she just might. She's good.

The reception was at this place called Rose Sachs Gardens in Parley Canyon. I've never been there before, but it was the perfect place...so pretty.

At one particular moment during the reception I felt something wet dripping on my foot. My first reaction was..."Grant just spit up everywhere," but then I looked down and saw my foot, it wasn't spit up, it was poop! Yep, of course the little guy had to have a blow out when he was wearing his new wedding outfit. He thought it was pretty funny.


Pumpkin Carving
We hardly ever get to see our Salt Lake friends so we were super excited when they came down to have a pumpkin carving party with us. I think we made some pretty great masterpieces. Grant flirted with Cortney all night. He seriously loved her.



Jared's pumpkin carving style was a little intense...not to be matched. He did have the best pumpkin in the end. Absolutely PERFECT!


This pumpkin is supposed to be a representation of??? Can you guess??? Grant. Dan wanted to carve Grant. Do you see the resemblance?


The finished products. Dan, Jared, Cort, Adam, Me.




Halloween Party #1
We actually went to 3 halloween parties this year. It was a kind of crazy and probably won't happen again...ever. The first party we were kind of unprepared so we went with our last year's costumes (since none of the peeps at the party saw our costumes last year)



Party #2, the annual Wadley Farms Bash. Lyndsey and Joey were an eighties dream couple. I love the wig. Lucy was a cat and Olive was a witch.




Grant didn't like my wig and wouldn't look at me all night. Actually we had to leave early because he was so sad about it.

PUMPKIN PATCH
We went pumpkin picking with Russ and his new fiance Bonnie! Hooray, Russ is getting married! We had to go after Adam got home from work, at like 6:30 so it was dark when we got there. But we still went on a hayride, played in the mini maze, went down the ginormous haystack slide, and saw the animals. So fun.

Russ and Bonnie Las







Grant was so tired and totally fell asleep on the hayride. We wanted to get his pic in the cut-out thing though. So Adam just held him up. We are such mean parents. All about the picutres.


Did you know our 5 month old can stand on his own?!




This is the biggest pig I have ever seen in my life! Are you kidding me, look how huge it is!

Fall in Utah
Fall is my favorite season. Lyndsey and I took the kiddos up the canyon to see the colors, it was so pretty.






Grant sitting up!
Grant started sitting up at about 41/2 months. He is the cutest thing. I seriously can't get enough of him. He's so small but he makes me laugh all the time. One of his new favorite things is books. He loves to hold them and eat them and look at them all day.




My Dearest Luci Mack
Sorry Luc, I don't think I will ever be able to call you by your married name. You will always be sister Mack to me! Luci is one my mission companions, the best companion in the universe. She and her husband and two kids came down from Canada to visit and it was so much fun to have them. Love you Luc! Come again soon.


Luci's Jackson. Isn't he the cutest. I can't get over his eyes! He is going to be such a little heart throb.

LAST ONE. Snowing the first week of Oct. Crazy Utah.




9 comments:

Keri said...

Oh my gosh! Can you seriously just post every couple days?! It took me all morning to read your blog! :) But I loved it. I especially loved Grant in his pea-in-a-pod...seriously the cutest thing ever! And the picture with Grant and Adam both dressed up. I'm glad you got caught up with the blogging!

Kaedi said...

Loved the marathon post. Loved getting updated on all things Hepworth. Grant is getting cuter and cuter by the second -- sitting up at 4 1/2 months? Dang. Your boy is advanced! Happy Birthday to you, darlin'! I loved seeing the wig... reminded me of happy times at the Village Parade. Remember?!? You were there when I started falling in love w/ Mr. Fehlberg. Yay for Halloween, and yay for that wig. :)

S.A.S. said...

It's like three months in one!!! RUSS IN ENGAGED?!!! WHAT the... I had no idea. I'm so happy for him. His Bonnie is adorable. Christy - your Halloween costumes are adorable. I can NOT believe you went to three parties. We were too lazy to even get ONE costume or go to ONE party. Grant is the smiliest baby I've ever seen - in every picture he's a grin-a-thon and has those wide eyes. I want to hold him SO bad and play with you. I can't WAIT until December:) xoxo

Sara said...

Your little Grant is the cutest thing ever! Does it come with the name? I hope so! Russ is engaged, Vanessa got married - this has been so informative! Thank you! And - the wedding post about the blow-out killed me. You're the only person I know to commonly use the phrase "poo on my shoe"...I guess your son picked up on it! Loved the post, LOVE THOSE HEPWORTHS!

Joy and Ted said...

Wow- it took me forever to find the "comment" link. :) I just had to say - we have the cutest babies ever. I love them in their costumes! It was so fun to celebrate Halloween with you. Love and miss ya! Thanks for posting.

Sylvia said...

Christy, I've said it before, but i must say it again: Grant is so eefing CUTE!!! How do you not squish him to death? He is really, truly adorable. way to go, Christy! :)

amy said...

Holy Freakin Cow! That is a TON of new pics. I kept wanting to make a comment, so I was scrolling and scrolling......anyway I LOVE Grants tie shirt. I think it's so funny. All the Halloween pics were awesome too! Love you guys!

Carlie said...

I wish I lived closer to you guys. Grant is so stinkincute I cant stand it. I love his halloween costume. I LOVED yours and Adams Double Dare costumes. And your Deal or no deal costumes. I love how Grant is smiling in all his pics(except for the one where he is alseep in the cut out face thing. ) he is too cute for words and you and adam are awesome parents and the cutest ones too. I love the snowman. Glad Grant loves the snow too. he is getting so big. You guys should all come down to az sometime soon.
ps I love how adam has listened/read the twilight series. and you havent even yet? how is that even possible? Im on my 3rd time reading it. my friend bought our tickets for the midnight showing last night online and they are now sold out(they are even showing it in 4 theaters) crazy. what can I say? Im a little obsessed freak. I am even going to stand in line all day long jsut so i can get a great seat. im a nerd

Jordan and Luci said...

hey! Thanks again for everything! Those pics are cute! I need copies! Also, happy b-day. I thought of you all day, but am a slacker. Oh and Grant is the cutest thing ever! I can hardly stand it!