Saturday, November 15, 2008

One thing to love about Utah

Yesterday I went to Walmart. I don't know how ANY Walmart can be nice, but I swear the Walmart in Lindon is nice. I like it. And I go there a lot. I only had to pick up a couple of things and was in a hurry, so I just grabbed my wallet and phone. (no purse or diaper bag) We got to Walmart, Grant was sleeping in the cart, I found the stuff, bought it and left. I can remember putting my phone on the front seat of the car and then loading Grant in. Since I put my phone there I thought my wallet went in the same place. Well...later that night I'm looking for my wallet and can't find it. I tell Adam, he looks a little, can't find it, tells me it's no big deal and that it's probably under the seat of the car or something. So today I still couldn't find it anywhere. I was going to start calling all my credit card peeps to cancel but then thought to call Walmart - Guess what... they had it!!!!!!!!! Hooray!!!!!!! I've had my wallet stolen more than once and it's the worst. The crazy part was I had $100 cash in there from a birthday card and it was STILL THERE. I couldn't believe it. Someone found my wallet, didn't take the cash, and turned it in. Thank you good people of Utah. You made my day:)

4 comments:

Heather Bankhead said...

interestingly, that happened to me once in PHILADELPHIA of all places. i left my favorite red wallet in a restaurant, lost it, looked all over (even in the restaurant dumpster and some guy came up to me to ask if i was hungry) but all was to no avail since i couldn't find it. then a few days later someone came and dropped it off at my school--fully intact, except for a seventy bucks that were gone. i figured it was worth the prize money.

Keri said...

I seriously hate Walmart (only for the over-crowded-ness and never-ending lines), but I'm glad they came through for you. Losing your wallet is the worst!

Ryan and Alisha said...

You are so lucky that a very nice honest person found it. You don't seem to have the best luck when it comes to those things (like your wallet getting stolen in N.Y. and the lady that stole your check out of the mail)

Rebecca Smylie said...

It happened to me in New York. Get that chubby little boy here! We'll get smething of his stolen and returned.