This summer has been busy, fun, crazy, and I'm just now catching up from MAY! What? There are going to lots of posts in the next couple of weeks, 3 months worth of posts. So back in May Grant turned four. I almost can't believe it. I've always heard your kids will grow up too fast and all of a sudden I'm realizing that! It seems like yesterday he was two and now he's four! Grant really is a good boy, sweet to the core, but mischievous too. He's always up to something. Whispering something in Davis' ear that he knows HE shouldn't do so he'll tell his brother to do it instead. He's smart like that. But then he tells his mom how much he loves her at least 10 times a day and his sensitive heart feels bad when other people are sad. He's good at helping around the house, especially in the kitchen and likes to help me get dinner ready. He LOVES friends and begs to play with friends everyday. Today he kept asking me to call Aunt Lyndsey to see if Olive and Lucy could come over. They had gym so they couldn't. So then he asked me to call Davey's mom and said if Davey couldn't play then I was to call Drake's mom. Everyone ended up being busy today and no one could play. Sad. But this evening we went to Keri's for dinner and on our way there he said, "Mom, I can't wait to see Harrison's face when I get to Keri's. I'm so excited, he's going to have the biggest smile!" He loves people and is looking forward to starting his new preschool class again in a couple of weeks. In the last couple of months it seems like he's grown up quite a bit. He's progressed a lot in his swimming and is doing great in the water. He's riding his bike more and liking it. He's being nicer to his brother and more obedient to his mom. He's learned a bunch of new songs from primary and just today in the car he sang all the words to Nephi's Courage and was so proud of himself. I love this boy so much and am so glad he's part of our family.
Grandma and Grandpa Hepworth couldn't make it to his birthday party so they came over the night before to open presents. Father's and sons was actually on Grant's birthday so Grandma and Grandpa gave him his very own lantern to take! He was so excited. He kept going in the bathroom and turning off the lights to test it out.
The Birthday tradition in our house is Daylight Donuts for breakfast. Lucky boy!
Don't worry, he didn't eat all those donuts:)
A new BIKE!
Grant LOVES the bubble machine.
We had a little Birthday party in the backyard with cousins, and Aunt Vanessa gave him a bubble gum machine! WHAT? He was in heaven. He's been wanting one for a long time and he finally got his very own bubble gum machine!! Best. Day. Ever.
Grant, Olive, and Lucy
Of course we had to have a Spiderman pinata. Grant only talked about the pinata he was going to have at his birthday party for like 3 months straight before the big day.
Grant's cake...he REALLY wanted strawberry cake, with strawberry frosting, with strawberries on top. I tried to talk him out of at least the strawberry frosting from the can, but he saw it on the cake aisle when we were at the store and was determined that it would make the best birthday cake. So we made a really strawberry cake, and he loved it.
Grant and Grandpa Pierce
Lils and Luc
Happy Birthday Grant Man. I love you so much!
3 comments:
A bubble gum machine?!?!? That's the best idea I've ever heard in my life. Christy, do you know that every time I read your blog I think, "she's living my dream life." Seriously. I mean, I'm sure there's plenty not to envy, but lots of family and friends around? And living in a place where you can do things like go out on the lake? Or go hiking? I can't keep this comment going or it will start sounding creepy--just want to say 'how lovely'...much love-
What a little cutie!
I'm so behind on your blog! Grant looks SO BIG in these pictures, and then getting his hair buzzed in the next post? He's a kid! Full-blown! No toddler in him, sigh, not allowed. I love his presents, his party, his pinanta, his DAYLIGHT DONUTS (I'm SO jealous), and his bubble gum machine. It is a good life. Love you Grant! Julia sends kisses:)
Post a Comment