This is a pic of some of my students. They had a little surprise baby shower for me. How nice!! I couldn't believe it. It really has been a great year and lots of fun getting to know them and their different cultures. Is it weird that I seriously love some of my students and want to keep in touch with them forever? There's that line you're not supposed to cross, the teacher student line, but I figure since we're about the same age we can be friends, right? I'll miss teaching but I'm so excited for the upcoming change in my life.
Wednesday, April 30, 2008
bittersweet
This is a pic of some of my students. They had a little surprise baby shower for me. How nice!! I couldn't believe it. It really has been a great year and lots of fun getting to know them and their different cultures. Is it weird that I seriously love some of my students and want to keep in touch with them forever? There's that line you're not supposed to cross, the teacher student line, but I figure since we're about the same age we can be friends, right? I'll miss teaching but I'm so excited for the upcoming change in my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hi Christy,
I don't know if you remember me. This is Jill Edde Lobdell. GOod luck with your new baby. What did you teach? If this is any advice, I was going to go straight back to work after my first child was born an dmy mom convinced me to stay home with her. We were moving to NY in a couple of months any ways. I never regreted it. I miss the work that I was doing and the companionship, but being a mom and watching her grow was the most rewarding experience I will ever have. I had to go back to work after my son was born becuase my husband lost his job. When my third child was born, I was able to stay home with her. I am hoping to do this until she is 3 and the student loans start coming. If you have to work, maybe you could teach part time. I hope this helps. You are going to be a great mother. You were always a great friend to me in good old 8th ward in PLeasant grove.
Miss Christy,
I truly believe you are one of the few people in this world that will excel at any and everything you do- you already have! I also believe you will be one of the greatest mothers, and I was wondering.. Well, I know I don't have any kids now, but if I do... would you mind raising mine? I'll birth them and everything..? Think about it.
All love and best wishes to the three of you!
CP -- I'm with you on all of the above, except for the make dinner part. Help me. I hate making dinner. Well, not really *hate*, it is more like, "what in the world am I going to make for dinner tonight that is easy and doesn't take 10 hours?
I'd love any ideas you have. You always could make a gourmet meal out of anything in our fridge. How do you do it?!? :)
hey christy- i am so sorry that you have not yet recieved your present from me. Im in the process of finishing it up(same with alisha's. ) hopefully i can get it sent off tomorrow. good luck with everything. post pics as soon as you can.
baby???? !!!
baby???? !!!
Post a Comment