Saturday, March 1, 2008
what do you do?
My sister Lyndsey had her baby two weeks early a couple of days ago! Adam and I are actually in London right now staying with my parents and having one last trip by ourselves before we are parents. Everything was planned perfectly...we would go to London on Wed., stay until Mon., my parents would come home that next Thursday and we would all be there for the birth of the new grandchild, which wasn't supposed to come until March 12th. On Wed. morning I got a phone call from Lyndsey at about 6:30 saying she's bored, in the hospital and in labor! What?! The baby wasn't supposed to come yet! Lucky for her she was in the hospital for like 30 minutes, got an epidural, waited a couple of hours, by 8 am was at a 5, when I got done teaching my class at 10, she was the having the baby!! Lucky for me I didn't have to be to the airport until noon, so I stopped by the hospital to see her for two seconds before heading off to London. Sad for my mom that she couldn't be there. She thought for sure if her flight was on the 6th, practically a week early, that she would never miss the birth. I guess babies come whenever they feel like their ready. Some nine days late (so sorry Rebecca) and some 14 days early.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
i heard that she had her baby. how awesoem is that? glad you got to be there to see the new precious baby girl. how was london?. when are you due again?
Yeah, if only we could plan these things. My nine days late meant that my mom was here for things like going to broadway shows and central park--but if she wanted baby time, she had to buy a new ticket. And London? Awesome.
i dont know if you read my blog or not, but if you do, and would like to continue doing so, send me an emial and i will send you an invite. I have decided to go private. someone i dont know keeps posting on my blog. my blog address is carlies2boyz.blogspot.com and my email address is carlies2boyz@yahoo.com
cya- did your mom tell you that I am making something for you, lyndsey and alisha?
Carlie, you are nicest... yes my mom sent me the email you sent her. And Chris and Lauren had their baby, yea!! I'm due May 15th and am hoping for a Lyndsey birth, 14 days early. Probably won't happen though.
Hooray Lindsay!!! I want to see her beautiful babes. Does she have a blog?
no she needs to get one though!! her new little one looks just like her first. i swear they could be twins. so cute!
Post a Comment