Monday, February 4, 2008

26 weeks

Yes. It's true. I'm wearing a tight shirt with "the arm." Only some of you will appreciate the fact that I posted this picture. Those of you who understand my arm obsession. Aren't you proud of me for just posting the picture despite the paranoia?

I can't believe how fast the time is going by. Before I know it we will be parents! I guess it's good that work is busy, and lately the weeks have just seemed to all blend into one. I was reading the other day about the "nesting period." How do people with full time jobs find time to "nest." Maybe it will be easy to make time when "the time" is closer.

Some things I have been feeling lately.
  1. Grateful that I don't live in a five story walk-up anymore, because I'm seriously winded after walking up the 2 flights of stairs to work every morning.
  2. A whole lot of crazy sciadic pain every time I stand up after sitting or laying for awhile.
  3. Constantly full of mucus. I seriously have to blow my nose every 15 min. Weird. Has anyone else experienced this?
  4. The little one moving a whole lot inside me. I love him.
  5. My heart beating so fast that I think I'm having a heart attack (so the last couple of weeks my heart has all of the sudden been going crazy...I asked my doctor about it at my last appoint because I was a little worried. He told me it's just one of those totally normal, yet uncomfortable joys of pregnancy - heart palpitations. Who knew.)
  6. Grateful for a husband who never tires of reassuring me (at least a couple of times a day) that I'm not dying, that our baby is alive and growing normally, and that I'm pretty even though I think I'm fat.
  7. Wonderful pain in my coccyx, you know that bone at the top of your bum, lower back area? Basically your tailbone. Yesterday I was complaining about the pain, and my 8 month pregnant, massage therapist sister Lyndsey was like, "Let me push on your bones..." What? She had me kneel on all fours and then she pushed on my coccyx...I can't even tell you how good it felt! I didn't even really know that's where the pain was coming from. Lyndsey said it's because my hips are shifting and so those bones ache - crazy. She then told me that with her first it was way worse than her second, so that's good. Get those hips all ready for child bearing.
  8. Grateful to be close to family and two pregnant sisters that never discourage me from sharing my pregnancy woes.
  9. Happy that Utah is almost smell free. Seriously, how did you New Yorkers do the smells? I can't imagine!
  10. So blessed that my body is healthy, the baby is healthy, and the pregnancy is going perfectly normal.

12 comments:

Lillie said...

26 weeks already!? Holy the cow. Don't know why 'the' seemed appropriate. In my head it was with Christy influction which is ONE of a kind and I LOVE. You're SO cute pregnant. Your arm is so cute pregnant. It was so fun reading your woes since I forgot some. The heart palpitations... felt like I could never catch my breath. One more thing to make you feel morbidly obese. It's all so lovely really.

nikki said...

Dang... I had no idea you were that far already! You look fantastic by the way, and I do appreciate the photo despite your arm obsession. I have been waiting to hear more from you the past week or so. Glad you are healthy and well!

S.A.S. said...

Talking to you is one of my favorite things in the world. You're like my security blanket - a lighthouse and constant in an otherwise random, ever-changing world. Thanks for indulging a long lunch call.

I LOVE your pretty belly! Your arm looks great, and I appreciate the arm drama. Nice try. I am SO happy and excited that you're well on your way to being Momma and are set to be the loving, wonderful, vibrant mother that every child dreams of. More pics of your pregnancy as you go - so fun to see!

Kaedi said...

CP, er, CH, call me! My comment is not blog-worthy (you know, medical stuff that some people sick-out over). I had some of those same woes and learned a few remedies...

Sylvia said...

I love THE ARM!! I'm really not in on the inside joke, but I still love it. You look beautiful, as usual. What can I say about the pregnancy woes other than...they stink. But I'm still so excited for you!!! You will be the best mom.

TheTaffs said...

Christie! You look adorable and congratulations! I just linked up to you from Kaedi and Marc's blog. Two comments, totally can relate to the lower back and tailbone pain. I was walking like a penguin car accident victim from week 10 to about week 25 when I started going to a chiropractor and wearing one of those belly support girdle things. I don't know which it was that helped but either way, I the pain was gone until this last week (week 39) and I think that's unavoidable since our guy is on the move down. AND everytime I go to one of my chiropractor appointments, the pain is gone again for another day or two. Number two, I totally relate to the mucus issue. Most days I am convinced I have TB since I have this embarassingly productive cough and have had it for the last four months.

Congratulations again!!!

Rebecca Smylie said...

Time to get over the arm issue. Christy, you look great. It's fun, huh? Call me after you call Kaedi. I don't have any medical advice, but man, I'm dyING (that was for Lillie) to talk to you.

AM said...

Christy! Call me BEFORE you call Kaedi and Rebecca. . . I want to hear Kaedi's remedies - those are totally blog comment worthy! Also - Hello! i know I just saw and told you this before but you are such a beautiful pregnant lady I can't Stand it.

Side of Caitlin said...

You look so adorable! I'm so excited for you!

Becca said...

I love your little tummy!! I don't care what you say... You look beautiful. I can't wait to see what that baby is going to look like (sooo cute!) I am so excited for you guys. By the way I am tagging you, but only do it if you feel up to it. Rules are on my blog. Love ya!

Di said...

i'm so in love with you i want to cry.

Lobdell family said...

I don't know if you remember me but this is Jill (Edde) Lobdell. If you do remember please check out my blog. It would be great to hear from you.