Sunday, November 11, 2007

Birthday surprise


My 28th birthday. For those of you who don't know, my husband Adam is fantastic at making birthdays full of secrets and surprises. He is also a very good gift giver, always knowing what I want or need even when I don't realize it's what I want until I open the gift and freak out saying "oh my gosh, this is exactly what I wanted! How did you know? I didn't even remember this is what I wanted?!" He's just observant like that. I love him. We went to our favorite restaurant Stoneground, and then to the new Pinkberry wanna be "Spoon Me" which just opened here in SLC like a month ago. Yes I know, they took our idea. Actually there is another place that is opening soon called the "Red Mango." We decided there was just too much competition. We would just be happy with the fact there are going to be places here where we can get good frozen yogurt. I've been craving pinkberry for almost 5 months now. I was surprised at how good it was, but it wasn't the same. Pinkberry is better. Then we went on a small shopping trip. This is where the surprise comes in. As one of my birthday presents my wonderful husband...this will sound weird to some of you...took me to buy a new BRA! Ok, so it's kind of a big deal because he didn't just take me to buy any bra, but the best bra in the world that will change every women's life. A year or so ago, both Kaedi and Rebecca went to this place called "My Intimacy" in NY to get bra fittings. Supposedly, there was this episode on Oprah or something that said like 80% of women are wearing the wrong size bra. They came home and convinced me that I needed to go because I would never be the same after I bought the bra "that fit." I went, I loved it, I got a bra, I wore it every second, and right after we got married my miracle bra broke. Of course it broke, I wore it all the time. I found out they sell the same bra at Nordstrom, but they are so dang expensive that I could never bring myself to buy one. So on my birthday my dear husband took me bra shopping. It was perfect. I now have the bra of my dreams and am so happy!

3 comments:

WHAT NEWS WITH THE BEUTS said...

I love the birthday surprise, I'm in need of a new bra maybe I need one like this!! Happy Birthday!!

J-ME said...

What a fun suprise from Adam. Laura and I were just talking about the pain in buying bra's (the fit, the price, the fact you need to buy like 3 at a time)
I still can't help but laugh when I see the Double Dare Pics. They are my favorite. I'm just sad I didn't get to see them in Person!

Hepworths said...

I think bra shopping has to be one of the worst things in the world. I think you summed it up Jamie!

Laura, you don't need the miracle bra, you have a perfect little chest that fits into those 7 dollar bras at wal mart. I'm so jealous.