Sunday, April 22, 2012

A Baby, A Race, and Birthdays!

My brother Marcus and sister in law Megan added a new little baby girl to our family this past week, Adell Rose Pierce. She is perfect and Megan did awesome! Holding that tiny baby kind of made me want to have another one soon. My iphone is old and is kind of the worst for pictures, but it was all I had when I visited at the hospital. Hence the blurry pics.




Yesterday I ran the Salt Lake Half. My running friend Alicia in my neighborhood was supposed to run it with me but ended up not doing it. It also ended up being branding day in Idaho so Adam had to go. My dad picked up Adam and I bright and early, they dropped me off at the start line and headed up to Idaho. So I didn't have to run alone and so I'd have a ride home, my two sweet sisters came to support me. Keri ended up meeting me at mile 7 and ran the last half with me which was awesome (after she had run 17 the night before! she's training for the Ogden marathon). Lyndsey would have loved to run too, but was under the weather with a sinus infection, so she was our designated driver. It was a great morning with perfect weather, and I set a personal record which made me happy! I seriously have the best sisters. I can never move now, because I don't know how I'd live without them close.

I poured a cup a water on me at mile 10, hence the wet shirt!


It was Adam's 32 Birthday today!! We started the morning with birthday breakfast and opening presents with the boys. 



After church we went up to Adam's parents, not only to celebrate his birthday but his brother Mark, sister Vanessa, and Grandma who also have birthdays in April! It was a birthday extravaganza!


 Playing 'Don't Break the Ice' with Mark and Ashley. 


Adam's Grandparents


All the Birthday kids! 

2 comments:

lyndsey said...

So glad I got to see you finish your race. You rocked it! I love spending time with my sisters!

Jessica said...

I ♥ your long dark hair. You look amazing! Way to go on the race! Sisters really are the best. You are so lucky to live by them.