This past week we celebrated our 4th anniversary. Adam surprised me with a little getaway to St. George. His parents picked up the kids in the morning and we were off. I couldn't believe how much I enjoyed being in the car with ONLY Adam. A road trip without kids is a dream! I would have been happy to just drive there and back. We got in some good conversation, some laughs, some songs, and of course road trip treats. It was some concentrated time that we hardly ever get anymore, and I loved it.
We brought our bikes and decided to do the Snow Canyon loop because on the map it looked like a pretty gradual climb and not that bad... it kicked my butt. We climbed from the trail at the bottom of the mtn in the picture below to the top where Adam is. The way down was great though and it was beautiful.
It was like 80 degrees and perfect weather. We swam in the pool, went to dinner, saw some St. George historical sites, (not really, we just drove by the temple and such) and hung out at the hotel. Of course we didn't bring our camera so these are all iphone pics. We were only there for a day, but it was perfect. We should do it more often.
Here are a couple more pictures... the boys being silly
I still can't figure out how this is even possible
Davis's new pastime. Oh my gosh, I love him.
5 comments:
what fun! I'm in love with that little Davis! and those overalls, you're killing me, boys are so precious.
Glad you had a wonderful anniversary. Time alone together is the best!
It must be so nice to have some time away from the kids. I haven't had a date for a long time, i totally need one.
Looks like you guys had a great time. And I'm dying over the dia on little D. Seriously how does that happen to kids? And can lil grant give me some skiing lessons?
Christy, I am laughing at the fact that you would have been happy to just drive there and back with Adam. That is seriously how it is after you have been on a roadtrip with two little kids though!
Happy Anniversary to you guys! Wish we lived closer and could go on rides together!
Post a Comment