Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Videos and a bike ride

On Saturday Adam and I did a little bike ride. It's called the Salt Lake Bike Tour and is the same day as the Salt Lake Marathon. You actually bike the marathon course. So it's a 26 mile ride through Salt Lake, starting at the U of U and ending at the Gateway. It's not timed and there's not a winner, so it's  just a ride, and it was so fun. You get all the perks of race day, crowds, a number, a shirt, food, and even a medal, but you don't have to race. We decided that we want to make it a family tradition! The hardest part of the ride was afterwards, biking back up to the U and over to Adam's parents house where we parked our car!





Davis is getting a top tooth and has been pretty miserable, poor guy. So I've been giving him his frozen baby food squares in one of those little baby safe feeder things. It's basically like a popsicle and he goes crazy over it. I just pop a frozen pureed apple or banana ice cube in the mesh pocket and let him go to town. He makes a giant mess, but it keeps him happy and probably feels super good on his sore gums.





Does anyone have any tips on what to do with your videos? Do you put them on a dvd or something? I've been going through pictures and have found a million and a half videos that I didn't even know I had. I want to organize them somehow so my kids can watch them but don't really know a good way to do it. Any ideas? 

The other day I put Davis in Grant's room to play with him for a bit while I folded laundry in my room next door. I went to check on them a couple of min. later and heard Grant reading stories to Davis in his tent...so I grabbed the camera and sneaked up on them. 



Here are a couple more videos just because...





5 comments:

lyndsey said...

Oh my gosh...I tell Jos everyday that I want to do something with all my movies on my computer! I don't know what to do either. Let me know if you find out. I love. love. love. Grants moves and Davis's laugh.

Joy and Ted said...

Where do I get one of those mesh popsicle things for Theo? He needs one! And can I just tell you how jealous I am of you and Adam doing the bike race? That looks so fun! I just feel like it is still so hard for Ted and I to get away! Let's talk soon.

Hepworths said...

Joy! You can get those things anywhere they sell baby stuff... they're by the baby utensils, sippy cups, spoons etc. I think I got mine at Target. Hope to see you guys soon:)

Natalynn and Paul said...

Ok, Kate LOVES those videos. We have watched them so many times. Her favorite is the last one where you are playing peek-a-book with the comforter. She plays along too. Screaming and laughing every time you pull it off. I should really make a video of her watching these! Keep them coming!

Also, Grant saying "Hey Bud, goodbye camera," and "this is my move" had us cracking up :)

S.A.S. said...

1) you are SO tiny. Gosh. And I love that you and Adam are so active together. I think Paul and I ran together once. It didn't last.
2) Is Davis CRAWLING? He looked so ready to go in the tent video!!
3) I love your boys. Love. And you're just such a good Mom. Teach me stuff when I'm there, yes?