We had a great time though and the best part about it was that the kids LOVED it. They probably wanted to stay all summer. We did a lot of tubing, which was the favorite of the boat activities, and a lot of playing on the beach.
We made A LOT of food. When you have kids you're ALWAYS making food, right?
And we learned how to tye-dye shirts, which was so fun. I've never done it before, but it's pretty easy and our shirts turned out awesome.
We went to the pool a couple of different times and Grant insisted that we bring and blow up the Orca Whale. Ever since we went to Sea World he really likes Orcas, and that's what he calls them. Weird, I know. So when he saw the box of the blow up toy Grandma brought there was no going back. We had to bring it to the pool.
Above, Alisha and Isaac soaking up the sun. Below, Grant and Olive, seriously, could these two be any crazier together. Lyndsey has the funniest video of this...they were supposedly making breakfast. I need to get the video from her. Do you love their bed heads? Oh my gosh, they make me laugh. And do you love their Eden shirts? Adam was so nice and made a bunch of logos for everyone to put on their tye-dyed shirts.
Grandma brought her dress-ups which of course the little girls AND Grant loved. He was obsessed with all the different hats and had to try them all on.
Below, we swam in the lake, hung out on the beach (look at Meagan's cute prego belly) and had fun just being in the boat.
We had story time with Grandma after long days of playing.
We learned a lot about our ancestors because every night someone prepared a little a something about one of them. Below, Keri and her boys enlightening us about our family history.
We CUT GRANT'S HAIR!! I was really loving his long hair, but it was time...
Our little short haired man!
We played "Do you love your neighbor" a bazillion times since it was the kids favorite.
We took just the girls out on the boat one evening before the boys went golfing, with NO kids, so Keri and Lyndsey got in some wake boarding time. Mom did too, as you can see below, even though she looks terrified!
The kids wrestled
We attempted to get a picture of all the kids... somehow Andrew is cut out of the first one and Spencer is missing.
Now Andrew AND Spencer are missing, baby Pierce is being smothered and Isaac is trying to escape.
Yay, we have Andrew, Spencer is still missing and Isaac is really ready to jump now. I guess it's the best we'll get.
Next year there will be at least two more kiddos added to this mix!
5 comments:
holy cow. you are so good at blogging these days. good for you. i'm sorry but i look so gross in all those pics. woof.
Christy, where did you find that body glove flotation suit? That would be PERFECT for our "life-vest hating" Nigel.
Oh my gosh...love the post. I've GOT to get on top of it. You're totally nesting and on top of everything!! Way to go. Lyndsey...you look awesome in the close-up picture I have to say. Not gross at all!! Did you notice my arm in my close up?? If you didn't, don't look. :) Anyhoo, hooray for Eden. The kids LOVED IT!
Melissa, I think we got it at Big 5 Sporting Goods, you could probably find one at any sporting goods store. It's technically not a "life saving device" but Grant loves it (he hates the life jacket too) so it's worked great for us!
How am I SO far behind?? I love the Eden trip! Cousins camp! Party with the kids! Hilarious that we ARE the adults now - but look at how much fun the cousins are having - totally worth it. Sigh, don't think that if I ever move to Utah I'm not going to do my best to pretend I really am a Pierce and stowaway on your family trips! Love Grant's hair cut (but loved his floppy hair too!), the orca, the baby bums, the tubing....
Post a Comment