Monday, March 8, 2010

Sarah is a MOM!

My best friend is now a mom to this beautiful little Julia! I was able to go to DC to spend some time with her when Julia was just seven days old. I'm so glad I got to go then because those little babies change so quick! I swear she looked different just about everyday I was there. She is perfect, perfect, perfect. I could not get enough of her.

This is our first meeting, Julia and I, after a long red-eye flight. Look at her adorable cheeks, ahhhh, I miss her.

Both Sarah and Paul seemed to know just what to do with her. They were perfectly natural at the whole parent thing. I think this means they are going to have to have lots of them. I hope so.


I love newborns in the car seat. They are just so tiny! And Julia wasn't even that tiny, weighing in at almost 9 lbs, but she looks so small.




Despite my plan to clean and cook and freeze meals and stay up with the baby I didn't end up doing much while I was there. It was actually a really nice vacation for me, not having to run around with a toddler all day. We did a lot of resting and looking at Julia and talking and snacking and looking at Julia some more and talking some more. It was so nice. I love you Sarah! By the way, Sarah is already a supermom. She looked great after just having a baby, she was functioning REALLY well on just minutes of sleep (not even hours), she was up socializing and going to church and making sure everyone around her was comfortable, she is nursing queen and in seven days had learned how to walk around nursing Julia in one hand while doing something with her other hand?! What? I thought that skill didn't come until your 3rd child and you HAD to multitask like that to survive. Her Julia loves her and thinks she's an amazing mom too. You can tell by the way they look at each other.



We did get out to get pedicures which was great fun.

This is mostly what we did for a week, couldn't keep our eyes off the precious baby sent straight from heaven. Thank you Mickelsen's for sharing a week of Julia with me. I love you! Please move closer soon:)

3 comments:

Lisa Mc said...

How wonderful that you could go out and visit! Sarah is a wonder woman, no surprise though :)

Keri said...

she is way cute. I'm so excited for them. Thanks for sharing the pics.

S.A.S. said...

You are my hero. Seriously. One of the most wonderful things anyone has ever done for me - I loved every minute! Please come again - not to be a slave this time, but just to play with your adorable little family. Love you Piercey!