Wednesday, March 31, 2010
The Farm
This past weekend we took a quick trip up to Idaho for my cousin Veronica's mission farewell, and to take a tour of Grandpa's farms. In our three years of marriage Adam has never been to Idaho, well he's been to Idaho, but not OUR Idaho. It was also Grant's first time. I told Grant on Saturday morning, as we were packing some things in his bag, that we were going to go swimming and needed to pack his swim suit! Ever since we went to California he has been talking about swimming. It was probably not the best thing to tell him first thing in the morning because ALL day long he kept asking me to go swimming. So FINALLY when we got to the hotel that evening we got to go swimming! He was in heaven. I took like ten pictures and this was the best I got? He would never look at the camera.
After the farewell on Sunday we went to my uncle's house to feed the horses and see some of the new calves that were recently born. We didn't even change out of our church clothes. So here we are on the farm in our Sunday best:)
This poor little calf wasn't getting any milk from his mama and so was up at the house to be bottle fed. Grant LOVED petting him and kept calling him a "baby lamb." Even after I told him a bunch of times it was a calf, a baby cow, he was pretty sure it was a baby lamb.

We climbed on the haystack and drove the tractor. I think Grandpa liked playing on the farm with Grant as much as Grant liked it.





This video isn't that special, but I just figured out how to post one here. Hooray! This was at the hotel after we went swimming.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oh my gosh...gotta Ida and the farm. Grant looked like he was in heaven. I also love in the video when mom wipes Grant's yogurt off his face and puts it in her mouth. :)
Ah! Idaho! I swear we're all going to end up there. It would serve us right for how many times we fled it freshman year, and how many times we've sworn it off. I LOVE seeing Grant on the farm, and love that he calls the baby cow a baby lamb. Makes sense to me. Adorable - we've got to get Julia out to the farm. We'll be in Idaho in July!
Post a Comment