Sunday, April 26, 2009
Salt Lake Half
Last weekend Lyndsey and I ran the Salt Lake half marathon. It was my first post baby race and was a good excuse to get me out of the house to train. It was actually a really great course, with people cheering us on the whole way, offering us orange juice, bacon (seriously, there was some guy cooking bacon on the side of the road) and music. So fun.
Adam's good friend Steve is a director for teamgive, and Bluehouse is now one of their sponsors. Team give participated in the bike tour part of the race and had a booth at the finish line that Adam was a part of. So he HAD to be at the race. It was fun to have him there with Grant waiting for me when I came in.
Lyndsey was awesome to run with. She stayed with me the whole time even though she could have left me in the dust at mile 1.
The race went right by Adam's parents street, so they all walked down to wave and cheer us on when we went by.
The race was a great precursor to the Wasatch Back which is coming up here in a couple of weeks. I wanted to do it so bad last year but had just had a baby, so this year I'm doing it hooray! ALSO, Lyndsey and I just found out that we got in to the Spud Man triathlon, AHHHHHHHHH. I'm kind of freaking out. I think I might die. Please bless I will be able to do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
13 comments:
You guys are awesome. I'm feeling really left out this year. All of a sudden you guys are doing all these races and I'm just gaining weight by the second! I wish I could do them with you! It's OK...I'll be back soon enough. I can't wait to see how you like Ragnar...it's the best! And you're going to rock the spud-man. Seriously, who are my amazing sisters?!!
Ahhhhh, good times. I can't wait to do more races with you. It is going to be a good summer.
Holy...you da WOMAN, Christy!! I didn't know you were all fitness queen on me, that is so awesome. I wish i could be more like that, you are inspiring! How do you find the time to train with a baby?
HOORAY!! Great job Christy! I am so proud of you...and wish I was there to do it with you. I'm impressed you are already signed up for more races too. You are truly da woman!!
Love and miss ya!
SO JEALOUS that you get to do the Spudman! You will love it! Definitely the best triathlon! And are you really doing the wasatch back? isn't that like 100 miles? way to go on the 1/2 marathon! and nice haircut Adam.
I'm with Keri! I've been trying to convince people to do these races with me for years, and now that I can't do it everyone has the race bug! Ahhhhhh! Congrats on do the 1/2 marathon and on getting into the spud. You will love it! Next year lets all plan to do races together okay?
I feel like I'm finding all sorts of stuff out from comments - is Keri prego? Is Jessica prego? Did I not know these things?!
Pierce, you impress me in every way ANYWAY and now you are training for a triatholon? Sheesh! I hope one of your races is in July so I can watch!!! I want to run with you and Lyndsey (well, walk fast). xo
thats so awesome. congrats. Ive always wanted to do a half. im so jealous. Hey did you happen to see Blaine and Dane from Biggest loser there? I know they went up to go run it.
You are my hero.
You guys are funny. I'm the farthest thing from the fitness queen...still 15 lbs of baby on me. Jessi, I would love to do races with you next year but I'll probably be pregs - now we're on different schedules, arrgh!!
No I didn't see any biggest loser peeps there:( And Luci, I'm running leg 3, horray, hopefully we see each other, I can't wait!
You are awesome! I am so nervous about the Wasatch Back. I am seriously going to die! Maybe you'll pass me on the side of the road. I still haven't felt the runners high.
cp.
nice huss on the race.
it's nice to see BH representing.
Post a Comment