Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A weekend with the girls

If you can believe it I still hang out with my high school girlfriends. They are the best in the world. I feel so blessed to have had such great friends for so many years. Every year we try to get away for a weekend with just the girls. Now that the majority of them have kids, it's a little harder but they always seem to make it happen. We left the husbands and the babies at home and went on a little weekend get away to Las Vegas! How romantic!
It was a perfect weekend with our first stop being the spa where we got waxed and Amy got her hair done. We shopped, ate, talked. I don't think we ever stopped talking. Since I don't have kids yet I don't think I can fully appreciate the time alone...everyone kept commenting on how nice it was to be shopping without kids! I can only imagine, trying to be in the dressing room with your one year crawling out from under the door and you having to run after her half dressed.
Laura's family has a place in St. George where we stayed the first night. Lucky for us it was just the time when all the smoke detector batteries needed to be changed. We thought we could take the beeping until all 4 of them in the house started beeping at different times!! AHHHH, so annoying. Thanks goodness for tall friends. Laura and Amy were pretty proud that they fixed them all.

Does this spot ring a bell for all you high schoolers? How many years of pictures do we have right here?

No comments: