Friday, May 18, 2012

oh no, so far behind!

For Adam's birthday (a month ago) we took a quick trip to NYC! We haven't been back since Grant was 6 months old, and we took him with us when we went. I don't even know how to describe how much I love it there. The trip was glorious. Really. The best. NY makes me happy like no other place. It's where we dated and fell in love and got engaged and lived our first few months of married life. We did a little walk down memory lane starting with a quick visit to my old school where we were greeted with kisses and that loud Puerto Rican accent I miss.


We stopped at our favorite Taco place, oh my gosh those tacos make me cry they are so good.


We walked down the East River, the walk we used to take every night after work.  We also took the red eye to get there and this picture of me is after no sleep still wearing the clothes I flew in, awesome.


We saw Buzz and had to get a picture for the boys...so obsessed with Toy Story.




Had a picnic in the park


Basically 90% of our time was spent eating or planning where to eat next! And walking to said places. We had this amazing brussel sprout pizza with smoked pancetta, garlic and pecorino cheese at Motorino for Adam's birthday dinner, plus another full pizza - Cremini mushroom and Sausage with mozzarella, garlic, and thyme. I was so full, but so happy.  


We ate Indian on Friday night with my parents before going to see a show. How come I could drink the butter chicken sauce, so so good, and the naan! I want Indian food right now. Mala and Nikki recommended the musical Once. It did not disappoint...so beautiful. I loved it. 


We met Di on Sat morning for Brunch at Locanda Verde's in Tribeca where we saw Jeff Goldblum!! (he was seriously handsome) and ate the most delicious burnt orange toast with housemade ricotta and truffle honey, oh my gosh, heaven in my mouth. I wish I would have taken pictures of all our food because it was amazing...Lemon ricotta pancakes, poached eggs with cotechino hash and spinach and tomato hollandaise, and an out of this world zucchini frittata with roasted tomato and goat cheese. And the company was even better, Di we love you!! I'm sad I don't have a picture of us together. We were too busy catching up.

We walked to all our favorite spots and stopped at all our favorite shops. We ate like 3 of these



Levain Bakery's chocolate chip walnut yumminess, and could have eaten five more.
We loved our time there so much that we decided if we ever get rich we'll get a second home in nyc. Happy Birthday to my favorite person and best friend. Adam I love you!!  

3 comments:

lyndsey said...

well, that post made me freakin hungs. Thanks.

S.A.S. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S.A.S. said...

Ah! I'm so glad you and Adam got this little getaway. I have such sweet memories of you in New York, your 'babies' at school, your and Adam's awesome apartment, the many many trips between NYC and DC we traveled. Look at all the amazing things you ATE. Those tacos made me starving, and I can't even talk about the cookie. Let's have you come out more often (and I'll meet you there!).