Sunday, February 27, 2011

Random Stuff


It's been snowing for the last 3 days, but last week, or maybe it was the week before, we had some pretty nice weather. It wasn't warm, hence the snow on the ground, but I swear it was nice. We took a walk and stopped to play at the park for a bit. I know, who goes to the park in the middle of winter? We were the only ones there:) It was Davis's first time in a swing and he LOVED it. He was going crazy. Don't worry, he was only out of his super warm, snugly stroller for like 5 min. max. 









Davis has so much HAIR. It weirds me out a little because Grant was bald until he was one. It makes him look all grown up or something. Did he skip the baby phase? We combed his hair the other day and had to take some pics. 



My sis in law Alisha had her 4th baby this past Wed. They didn't find out the sex before he was born so we were all dying to know...a boy, Lincoln Mark Pierce. She now has 2 girls and 2 boys and this little guy will be just six months apart from Davis, Pierce, and Hank! Oh my, 4 boy cousins all within a year. So yesterday, Lyndsey and I went to Logan to pick up the rest of her kids and bring them down for the weekend so she could have some time with the new baby. Davis looks HUGE next to the wee little newborn.


Me and baby Lincoln


Mom and baby


Of course something crazy had to happen on our way home with 3 extra kids in the car. We got a FLAT TIRE!!! I don't think I've ever had a flat tire. We're driving on the freeway and are about an hour and half from home and all of the sudden we hear a really loud noise. Lyndsey, "what's that sound?" Me, "I don't know, is that our car?" Us laughing, "Oh my gosh, we have a flat tire! Pull over!" Sure enough the tire was totally flat. Both Lynds and I looked at each other and confessed we didn't know what to do and didn't know how to change a tire. After about 5 min. Lynds convinced me to get out of the car and look desperate so someone would stop and help us. It was freezing, and I swear the wind was blowing like 80 miles an hour. No one stopped. It was 5:00pm on Friday evening and everyone just wanted to get home from work. Finally I'm shouting to the cars, "WE NEED HELP!" funny, I know. Some guy driving by looked at me right as I was saying the words. We made eye contact. He HAD to stop. He was really nice and proceeded to get all the stuff out of the car to change the tire. Then he looked at me and said, "Did you know you can just call the highway patrol and they'll come help you?" How come I didn't think of that. What? I'm out calling for help from who knows who, and I could have just called the highway patrol. The funny thing about it is, a police man pulled over about 10 min later and he ended up calling the highway patrol and that's who ended up putting the tire on. So if you ever get a flat tire and don't know how to change it, call the highway patrol!


Do you love the box of diapers? 


Oh, to make it even more awesome, right when we pulled over with the flat, Davis threw up everywhere in the car. Lyndsey took a picture with her phone, but hasn't sent it to me. It was hilarious. Of course something like that had to top it off.


All the kiddos in the car wondering when we're going to be home!



Grant hardly ever gets to see Isaac since they live in Logan, so it's been fun to have him here. Today Adam took the boys miniature golfing, which is Grant's favorite thing to do in the world. Then took them to the church and let them run around the gym with all sorts of balls while he set up chairs for church tomorrow morning. Then tonight he played games with them before bed on the iphone. That's Grant's second favorite thing in the world to do...play games on Dad' phone!






3 comments:

Lisa Mc said...

Oh the joys of motherhood! Glad you finally made it home. Your boys are darling.

Joy and Ted said...

You are a really nice sister-in-law! We need to catch up; I'm calling soon!

Jordan and Luci said...

Oh my gosh I would have been in total panic mode. I'm glad Lynsey was with you because that would have been even worse. Good to know about the highway patrol too.

Oh and I love that you actually said you like Davis better. That made me laugh hard. I think I go through phases on which of my kids is acting the nicest to me. Totally mature right?