This is the first time I've ever planted a garden and my plants are growing! I'm so excited! Today I cut a bunch of my basil below and made pesto for pesto BBQ chicken pizza, yum.
I did three little garden boxes this year and I'm seriously obsessed with it. I have to check my garden everyday. Below I planted 3 different kinds of tomato, a beefsteak, a roma, and a cherry. I didn't realize how big they were going to get and they're kind of taking over the entire box.
I planted two different kinds of peppers, jalapenos for salsa and then just a sweet pepper. I also did cilantro, which you can see went to seed while we were out of town last week, sad.
I did a couple of things from seed, like parsley, lettuce, and bush beans. When my little parsley starting coming up it seemed like it would never get big, but now it's totally bushy. It's getting overtaken by the tomato plant next to it, but I'm so happy it has survived.
Yesterday I cut and washed a bunch of this lettuce. It's kind of a pain but it's so good on sandwiches and when it's all washed it makes making a salad a cinch.
Do you see those little zucchinnis growing? They are still small, but they're there. I can't wait for them to get big, and I can't wait for my tomatos to turn red. And I can't wait to have this dang baby. Hopefully this baby comes before my tomatoes turn red.
5 comments:
I LOVE your garden! Yay for pesto! On my 1 tomato plant that I have, the tomatoes are already turning red, so I'm hoping that baby gets here sooner than later. :)
I can't believe your tending a garden at 10 months prego. I am really lazy at the end. It looks so good!
Amen to what Lyndsey said - you are amazing to be pregnant AND have a hobby/skill that involves bending over! Impressive Pierce. Your garden looks green and beautiful. I wish we lived next door so 1)I could have a garden, 2) you could teach me how to make it look like yours, and 3) I could see you every day. Obviously #3 is my life's dream:)
Wowsers, nice work Christy!! I can't believe you haven't let weeds overtake it since it's like 120 degrees outside and you're 9 mos pregnant!! Go you! and I keep waiting for the I-had-the-baby post--I can't wait to hear when he comes!
I love your garden! I love gardens. Basil Pesto bbq pizza sounds amazing! Post the recipe!
Post a Comment