Thursday, August 13, 2009

Summer Update-

I don't know why I feel like I always have to apologize for the large gaps of time between my posts, but I do. Probably because I know that the bazillion pictures I'm posting below to catch up are kind of a pain to look through. I've actually cut it in half already, so it shouldn't be that long. AND I'm breaking up the summer...Lake Tahoe, the triathlon and our house is going to be another post. Phew.

The Wasatch Back. My sister Lyndsey and friend Jessica convinced me to do this race. It's 180 mile relay with a team of 12 from Logan to Park City. You run through the night, don't get any sleep, eat a lot of carbs, get a little loopy, but have a lot of fun. If i'm not pregs next year i'll do it again. Lyndsey has all the pics, these were the only two I could find (and i actually stole them from jessica's blog, thanks!) This is our whole team running over the finish line.


We went to Yellowstone for a couple of days with Lyndsey and her family. Grant loved it soooooo much. Something about the dirt and the open spaces.






Yea, there were buffalo in our camp. Right next to a our picnic table. Even though it looks like we're just chillin in this pic, it was a little scary.



All I wanted to do was see a bear. And we saw THREE and two babies!




This is our campsite. It was perfect.




Grant's first real hair cut, with the clippers. He thinks he's so funny.

We had a great fourth filled with family, waterballoon games, a parade, BBQ, homeade ice cream, and fire works. I love America.


Ok, Grant serioulsy did this pose all by himself. I looked over and he was doing the "soccer photo pose"


We got a pass to the new Lindon aquatics center. It's awesome and we go like every other day. This is my sis in law Alisha, with Grant, Olive, Gracie and Isaac. All three of those babies are the same the age. How fun for them to have cousins their same age.


And lastly...we have Moved!!!! Finally. We have been renovating for the last 5 months. Oh my gosh, don't do it. Ok, well maybe it was worth it. I'm going to write a whole post about the house with a bunch of pics but here is sneak preview. Here is a before and after pic of our living room. Sarah and Paul were in town a couple of weeks ago and they helped us put together our entertainment center, our first piece of furniture in the house!



7 comments:

Keri said...

Good job on all the pics. Especially loved the Yellowstone pictures! I feel the same...I'm way behind on the blog. Hmmm...maybe I'll get caught up today... :)

Jordan and Luci said...

Pretty much I am going to have to do a bunch of races so I can be hot like you! Christy, you seriously look so good! I want to! Grant keeps getting cuter if that's even possible. I can't wait to see all the house pics! You need to come help me w/ my house! I'm not good at picking stuff out!

Ryan and Alisha said...

hooray for all the awesome pics! and also for moving into your house! We can't wait to see you guys in a few days!

THE MEYERS said...

ok, we NEED to see your house now. I'm really sad that we didn't get a "before" tour (aside from the dark drive-by that one time). Let's hang out soon.

Also, we just went to Yellowstone too! Maybe we even crossed paths and still missed each other...the story of our lives.

Rebecca Smylie said...

Oh I'm so jealous of the Yellowstone trip! We keep trying to go camping out here and go figure, Washington heights comes with us. Miss you guys-

S.A.S. said...

An update! I love it!
1 - The racing. Seriously Pierce you are Body Karate. Amazing, dedicated, brave. I want to be like you.
2 - Grant and the soccer pose. I died - doesn't Adam have a picture like that somewhere?
3 - I am SO impressed with your house! It's lovely, and seeing the before makes it miraculous. You guys have made it home, and I can't wait to see the rest (though watching the building of the entertainment center was its own thrill).
Miss you, love you. Can't wait to visit you at your house!

J-ME said...

Looks like a F-U-N summer!! I can't wait to come see your house! I bet it is so nice to actually live there now.
I can't believe how much work you guys have put into it! GOOD WORK.