Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Grant!!

Our little guy is ONE! His birthday was like 3 weeks ago and I'm finally getting around to posting some pics. We have been a little bit consumed lately with working on the house (pics still to come) and I've been teaching EVERY day which is insane, so sorry about the delay. We did celebrate his birthday though, complete with cousins, jumping on the tramp in the sprinklers, lots of presents (thanks everyone, you are all WAY to nice), a BBQ, and lots of CAKE.











Lyndsey helped me make his cake. She is amazing.

This is Grant not wanting to wear his party hat. He seriously would have nothing of if.


Steps of eating cake for the first time
1. get naked


2. Timidly touch it to see what it's all about


3. Have Dad give you an enticing taste since it's too scary to do on your own

4. Hurry and shove big handfuls in your mouth before mom says you've had enough and takes it away.

5. Take a break to play with balloons

6. Sit back and relax, completely stuffed and satisfied

I can't believe a year has come and gone. Some of Grant's favorite things these days are:
1. His cousin Olive


2. Pushing his new car around the house, and dancing to the music it plays. He definitely takes after his dad with his affinity for the beats.

3. Being diaperless as long as possible

4. His toothbrush and looking at himself in the mirror

5. Playing at the park and the pool. We just got a pool pass and he can't get enough of it

6. Sleeping in his carseat, and drinking WATER. He is obsessed with water. He always has to have his water with him.

7. Taking rides with mom and dad


5 comments:

Evans Fam said...

Happy Birthday Grant! WOW this year has flown. He is so stinkin' cute you guys!

Keri said...

Grant is seriously so cute. And funny...he is cracking me up with his craziness lately. I can't believe how fast that year went by!

Three Lads and a Lis said...

Happy Birthday Grant! he is so adorable, I love birthdays :), enjoy the next few months - 12 months to about 20 months for my favorite (except at church, lol).

Joy and Ted said...

That is the most amazing birthday cake I have ever seen. It looks better than a lot of wedding cakes I've seen! I'm glad he liked the look and taste of it! What a cutie! I can't wait to see him and of course YOU!

S.A.S. said...

Cutest Grant! I thought I already commented on this, but maybe I was just thinking about how excited I was to see him in person. He really is such a big boy - so fun and funny and still full of grins. The party looks amazing, and that cake... seriously Pierce, who are you? Love watching Grant dance to the car beats.