Thursday, January 1, 2009

The newlyweds, our nation's capital and a thousand pictures...

The real reason we went to the East was to see the newlyweds, Sarah and Paul, and their new life. It was a much needed perfect trip. If you don't know the Mickelsens you are missing out. Even though they're a nation away we consider them our favorite couple. It was so nice to just hang out and feel at home. We played, watched movies (or slept through them) ate lots of food, partied with the cocomotion, did some sightseeing, and lots of festive Christmas stuff. We were definitley pampered by them. Thanks guys, we miss you!!






The American History Museum

The Natural History Museum, Dad and Grant's favorite



Grant after a long day of sight-seeing. You can't really tell in this pic but he fell asleep holding his book in the air.

The Smithsonian castle at night

The National Christmas tree and the White House



Grant loving the double stack aero princess bed




The Capital


Sarah took a day off work to hang out and take us to Library of Congress, one of the prettiest buildings in D.C.



Bath time in Auntie Sarah's sink


Mount Vernon at Christmas. Who knew George Washington was huge a lover of chocolate? We watched a really interesting chocolate making demonstration.

Outhouses at Mount Vernon are cute






For Christmas, George Washington ordered a camel. What? You can read the text if you make the picture big.


Gingerbread replica of Mt. Vernon. It made the whole museum smell good. All the little animals and the roof are made of marzipan. And the walls of the house are lined with chocolate. I seriously wanted to eat it!

D.C. Temple visitor's center where we saw "Downtown"...yea, we didn't know who they were either, but they were GREAT! ha.

The newlyweds. Aren't they are perfect couple?


Our little Mary

To top off our wonderful trip with the Mickelsens we had a talent show. If you can't tell, Paul's feet are TOUCHING the ceiling.

And Paul and Sarah had a "low note" sing off. Thank you Mickelsens for the best week ever. We love you and can't wait to do it again.


5 comments:

PMick said...

Come back already! And bring the cutest most photogenic baby ever. I'm thrilled the low note contest is engraved in internet history forever. Love it.

Rebecca Smylie said...

I can't stop laughing at the low note contest. Sarah-did hiding your face in the shirt muffle your sound and deepen it? I don't get it...

S.A.S. said...

Let's have out there that while I can NOT get enough of the Heps, I might have to forgive them for posting the low note contest. Look people, I didn't realize this was going to be long-term captured and CERTAINLY not on a blog. The shirt helps Rebecca, it just does.

THE MEYERS said...

HAHA! I love this! Is it bad that when Sarah was hiding her face, I automatically thought: Oh, my nostrils flare when I sing really low too. The shirt was obviously used to hide the symptoms of her talent. That is why I never venture into a low register. Unless I'm wearing a turtle neck.

Anyway, looks like a fun trip and the happiest baby ever. I just love this.

Heather Bankhead said...

so funny. hearing sarah's "honey..." for some reason made me want to be married. and that is weird.
great pictures!