As the year starts to wind down I have been reflecting on the different goals I have set for the year. I figure with 2 months left I can play catch up on any that have been neglected. One of the goals that we, as a family, have been working on is saving up to buy our own place. We have been lucky to house sit for Christy's parents while they're in London and it has helped us set aside a decent down payment. We have tried to cut down on costs and simplify our lives to help get to where we are. One of the ways we did this was to switch from driving the VW Fox 85 miles roundtrip each day to Salt Lake to taking the bus. Even with the Fox reaching 43mpg it still saves us around $180/month on gas. The bus also has wifi so I can work on the ski company 2 hours each day while I ride.
This brings me to another goal that up until recently I had been perfect. The goal of not getting thrown up on (more specifically not getting thrown up on while riding the bus). I'm sorry to announce that my 28.5 year streak has come to an end. There are a lot of pluses and minuses when it comes to public transportation but the pluses stop counting when the minuses include vomit splatter and barf fumes when you're 25 minutes away from the nearest stop. I may be a little old fashioned when it comes to throwing up on other people etiquette but last I checked a simple "I'm sorry all my puke didn't make it into my Nalgene bottle but instead splashed on your pants and shoes" goes a long way. I guess the old "not even bring up the fact that your denver omlet breakfast is on the guy next to you and probably isn't a big deal to him so don't bother even mentioning it" method was learned in his house. Having a son of my own now really puts things into perspective on what needs to be taught in the home.

8 comments:
Nice job on the post, Adam, and I seriously can't believe that story! That is so nast!
Happy Birthday Christy Lu!! Hope you have the best day. Your Baby is sooo cute, I want to squeeeeze his chubby tummy! I Love you and miss you!
Bex
by the way love the post Adam...crazy story!! Maybe Levi will leave a post someday due to your example.
I am so sorry Adam. Paul told me that story the other night and I was so grossed out for the rest of the night. I would have died. SERIOUSLY! (Although I can't handle anything to do with barf at all, so I probably would have puked on him...then we would be even.)
Also happy early birthday Christy!
Groooooosss. The Happy Birthday Christy part was that you took the throw-up-on-the-bus experience for the family. No way will that happen again (knock on wood).
Happy Birthday to you best friend. I love you to the moon and back and am SO grateful on this day that you're part of the world. What would I do without you? And where would that chubby happy baby be? Love you. xoxo
I think that the bus should be more like Sea World, where they carefully mark the splash zone, where they warn you about the possible discomfort, and comp your meal if things get out of hand. I nominate you to take charge of the bussers code of conduct.
And happy birthday to the cutest little mom ever!!
We should celebrate. Take the bus up here and we'll take you out to eat!
Adam, pleas post most often. I loved reading this. And I'm very impressed that you're on the bus these days. Your ancestors--they're probably fist pumping right now. Oh yeah and sorry about the vomit.
Post a Comment