Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Family Update

Now that we have the little one with us, I have realized a bunch of things I thought were "true" about motherhood are actually false. One of them being - "oh I will have so much more time to do things when I'm not working and am home with the baby" - False. Maybe I just haven't figured out how to utilize the time, but I seem to not have any. Blogging? I didn't really think I had a lot of time to blog when I was working, but NOW - I don't know what I do...look at my baby all day... for some reason I don't seem to have much blogging time. So, this post is kind of crazy and long with all sorts of happenings...
1. chubby baby
2. father's day
3. sarah's bridal shower
4. wasatch back
5. strawberry days rodeo
peruse as you wish:)

1. I can't believe our little Grant is one month old!!! The time is passing so quickly and he is getting big soooo fast! Look at that chub. He had gained two pounds by his two week appointment and is continuing to eat like crazy, what a good appetite he has. Surprisingly he really likes to take baths. Oh I could just nuzzle his little body all day!




The funny faces of Grant.


2. On Father's Day we tried to get our first family photo - Grant would have nothing of it. He kept making all these "I'm really annoyed faces." We decided that the sleeping face was much better than the mad face and would just have to do.


3. Sarah came to town this past weekend - hooray!! It was wonderful being able to see her, hear all about wedding plans, go to dress fittings, have a bridal shower, play at strawberry days etc etc etc.

This is Sarah praying that she won't have to open any of those pink boxes in front of Paul's sisters and be embarrassed by...

little lacy things like this...

or this...

Actually, Paul's mom made that beautiful garter BY HAND, and Sarah loved it.

Thanks to all the wonderful ladies at the shower I didn't have to even think about the babe. They were holding him, changing him, rocking him, talking to him - Christy did a wonderful job of earning her "Aunt" Christy title.

While Sarah was in town Grant sported his new Yankees onesie (compliments of Sarah) to show her how grateful he was for the nice gift.

He really liked wearing it too, as you can see!

4. The WASATCH BACK - this past weekend Adam ran the wasatch back, a 178 mile relay from Logan to Park City. Their team name was the "bluehose bamboozer" as you can see on the shirt below. I was sad I couldn't do it with him. My 4 week postpartum body just wasn't up for it. Next year I guess.

5. Strawberry Days always marks the "it's really summertime" for me, and the Rodeo is definitely the highlight. Sarah planned her trip around the Strawberry Days rodeo, it's THAT good. Well I don't know if it's the rodeo that's THAT good, or the strawberries and cream...oh my gosh, to die for.


This is Grant's favorite spot it the house.
(Does he look like he has red hair? Cause he doesn't, I promise.)

11 comments:

Shauna said...

om my gosh christy, grant is adorable. I have a million things to say about this post
1. i loved the whole lengthy thing.
2. sarahs dress is ADORABLE, find out where she got it.
3. Christy Caruth is darling
4. You guys are the perfect little Fathers Day family.
5. Grant needs to get out of the Yankees onesie and into a Giants onesie. Deal?

lyndsey said...

hooray! you finally updated. i loved every second of your post.

coltin-n-connersmommy said...

seriously, christy, he is soooo stinkin cute. And got cuter with every pic of him. I want to just squeeze him and hold him so much. you guys look ( and i know are) like fabulous parents and you can defintaley see it in all the pics. he is sooo cute, I cant get enough of him...

nikki said...

Thanks for the update!! I have been waiting for some more photos of the little guy and he is pretty adorable. I also have that dress that Sarah was wearing, but for some reason I think it looks better on her... maybe it's because I keep trying to wear it as a pregnant person...

J-ME said...

Such a cute post! That little Grant is adorable. The shower was wonderful and the food was so picture perfect as usual. Thanks for all your hard work!
Good work to Adam on the Wasatch Back that is some awesome relay!

Jessica said...

Grant! What a cutie!! Whenever I see him he's asleep, so I thorougly enjoyed the pictures of his beautiful eyes. The shower was amazing, your a little Martha with the food, flowers, games, etc. a great hostess! I always think, ahhh, someday when I have a baby life won't be so hectic and I'll finally have some time to myself. I guess that's a myth...

Lobdell family said...

Christy,
Your son is adorable. You look great to. Sarah looks like she had a lot of fun. Please tell her hi from her old cello partner.

Ryan and Alisha said...

Yeah! I finally got to see more of Grant. He is so cute. I will post more pics of my kids so you can see them.

coltin-n-connersmommy said...

hey it's Carlie. Just leting you know I had to create another blog. here is my new blog address.
thebrosemannclan.blogspot.com

Rebecca Smylie said...

Christy--yesterday Levi sent me an email and said that although it hurt him to write it, he might be ready to leave New YOrk in a year or two. And when I read your post just now, I wanted to write him back and say Yes, let's go. Not sure why you provoked that in me. Grant is adorable. Can't wait to meet him.

S.A.S. said...

Where have I been? You posted!!! I loved it all too (masses agree). Love growing baby G, LOVE the Bjorn and want to hold him in it all day, LOVED the shower - you are the best! (yeah, the pink boxes in front of the sis's-in-law... yikes), the dress is from DownEast (thanks all), and I MISS YOU babe! Only 2 weeks until I see you again.

Did I mention that this time-less super-busy mother is MAKING my wedding cake?? Hello talent. She's not just a beautiful did-you-just-have-a-baby? face. Talent and generosity to-boot.