Saturday, February 11, 2012

Run like a Girl

One of my best friends Amy, who is super talented, has an amazingly toned body and mad organizing skills recently started her own business, Run like a Girl Retreat. It's a great idea, you spend an entire weekend with girlfriends, learning about optimal wellness, training techniques, nutrition, and doing fun classes like zumba, and yoga and then end the weekend with a half marathon...SO FUN! I cannot believe Amy put this together. It was crazy, so so so much coordinating and planning. Laura, Kimberly and I went down to sunny St. George last weekend to help her out and also take part in the party. The picture below is blurry, but I love it because it's how I always feel when I'm with these girls, so happy. We are going on 18 years of friendship, can you believe that? They are the best.



Putting race bags and medals together.


Race morning. It was FREEZING at 6 am, but ended up being a beautiful day in the 50's.







Amy doing her thing.




This was the view Laura and I had at the stop we were helping out with on the course...so beautiful! Don't know who those ladies are in the pic below, but I had to take it for the backdrop.


Another blurry iPhone photo, post race and sweaty.

3 comments:

lyndsey said...

I know I had a good time in Zions but dang.....that looks like so much fun! I'm sad I missed out. Next year!

jocie said...

That is seriously such a cool idea. I love it, wish I could have been there.

Jessica said...

so much fun! you are such good friends to go support Amy.