Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Davis turned ONE!

My baby is one. I really can't believe it's been a whole YEAR! Davis is the best little guy, pretty much always happy and super chill. He has definitely made me feel like I could have a couple more kids because he's so awesome. Watch, my next one will be totally opposite and make me think I'm completely DONE! He's a crowd pleaser and loves to do his fake, courtesy laugh to get a reaction, especially in the middle of sacrament meeting. He adores his brother and manages to quickly forgive him 100 times a day after being stepped on, pushed over, banged with a toy, etc. He's not a food lover and is a super dainty eater. He takes small bites of everything. He'll take like 10 min to eat a pretzel because he takes little teeny bites. He loves string cheese and will do almost anything for it. He's my snuggler and will cuddle with me in bed. He goes crazy when his dad gets home from work and can't stand it if Adam doesn't pick him up the minute he walks in the door. He's our little fish and loves the water. He started walking a couple of weeks before his birthday and now thinks he's king of the house. He makes me smile a thousand times a day and I don't know what we'd do without him. We love our Davis! We celebrated his birthday at the splash pad with family. Joy was in town so all the Engebretsen's were there too!



Hank. Oh my gosh, he's such a cutie.




Joy and Amelia


Lyndsey and Piercey poo


Davis was kind of obsessed with kicking this beach ball ALL over the park!


Hooray for CAKE!








Sharing with dad


Trifle for the adults. Yum.




Getting washed off wasn't as fun as getting dirty


Grant was SO excited to give Davis this present. It was some little toy from walmart that was seriously 75cents. It was the first present he opened because Grant couldn't wait another minute!


I was surprised at how well he did opening presents and how interested he was. He was actually all about it.






Davis and his buddy Pierce


Joy's little Theo and Davis are exactly one week apart. I couldn't stop taking pictures of these two they were so cute.








Vanessa and Rich


We tried a bunch of times to get a picture of the three baby boys, and this was the best we got.


Then Davis kicked the ball and they were off, with Hank crawling to keep up!



Grandma and Grandpa Hepworth couldn't make it to the party so they made a special birthday trip to our house! And I know there are too many pictures here, but I couldn't choose.



















Happy Birthday Buddy. You're the best!

3 comments:

S.A.S. said...

Happy Birthday Davis!! Sorry Aunt Sarah is LAME and missed it - I'll make it up to you one day, I promise. You are the CUTEST little guy ever. I don't think I've ever heard you cry - you just smile and entertain yourself and follow Grant around happily. I'm dying that you're WALKING! And want to see it in person SOON. Your cake looks delicious - anything with that much frosting is birthday worthy. Also, you have the best Mom. xo

Joy and Ted said...

It makes me so happy that we got to be there for Davis's birthday party! It was so fun and I just love you guys! Those pictures of Theo and Davis are precious!! Don't you think we should submit them to a modeling agency? They are cuties! Thanks for including us in the festivities. Love ya!

ddi99 said...

Oh, Davis looks oh so cute! Your harvest looks amazing, i love Davis' naked pic in the garden he he.